Home > Recipes > Dark Chocolate Bark with Maple Bacon and Sea Salt
Dark Chocolate Bark with Maple Bacon and Sea Salt
It’s crazy how well the smooth dark chocolate complements the crispy bacon! This Chocolate Bark makes a great mid-day snack or dessert.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper and set aside.
- Lay the Loveless Cafe Bacon on a separate baking tray bake to package instructions. It should be cooked crispy.
- Chop up the bacon when its cool and set aside.
- Chop up the chocolate into to small pieces place in a bowl and set aside.
- Fill a small sauce pan with about two inches of water. Set it on high until it boils, then lower to a simmer. this will be the bottom of your double boiler.
- Place the chocolate and the Loveless Cafe Maple Syrup into the metal bowl, this will be the bowl for the top of the double boiler, place the bowl on top of the pot and allow to melt while string, when completely melted remove from heat and stir in the chopped bacon pieces.
- Pour the chocolate mixture onto the prepared wax paper/parchment paper lined pan.
- Spread the chocolate out with a spatula as this as possible.
- Sprinkle with sea salt all over and place in the refrigerator or freezer until just hardened (no more than 20-30 minutes).
- Break bark into chunks and store in an airtight container in the fridge.