This dish always earns rave reviews from our guests. Now you can enjoy it in the comfort of your own home!
This recipe is featured in our Loveless Cafe Cookbook!
- Divide corn into two pots: 4 cups into one pot and 6 cups into a second pot.
- To the 4-cup pot, add 3 cups water, ½ cup sugar, and 1 tablespoon kosher salt.
- Add remaining water, sugar, and kosher salt to the 6-cup pot.
- Place both pots on stove and bring to a boil then immediately remove from heat.
- Drain the 6-cup pot of corn in a colander then return drained corn to the pot. Add ¼ cup butter and set aside.
- Drain the 4-cup pot of corn in a colander then return drained corn to the pot. Add ¼ cup butter and heavy cream. Return pot to stove, bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Purée cream and corn mixture in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add the puréed mixture to the whole corn and mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
If you’re short on time, our Heat n’ Eat Creamed Corn is always available on our website for homemade Southern cooking without the fuss.