As served in the Loveless Cafe, this recipe for Creamed Corn gets rave reviews from our guests! Make the recipe below, or try our Heat n’ Eat Creamed Corn for homemade southern cooking without the fuss!
- Put 4 cups of corn into one pot and 6 cups of corn into a second pot.
- To the 4 cup pot add: 3 cups water, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon kosher salt.
- To the 6 cup pot add: 3 cups water, 1-1/2 cups of sugar, 3 tablespoons kosher salt.
- Place both pots on stove and bring to a boil.
- Drain the 6 cup pot of corn, return the corn to the pot add 1/2 stick of butter, set aside.
- Drain the 4 cup pot of corn, return drained corn to pot add 1/2 stick of butter and 1 cup heavy cream, bring to a boil, remove from heat, then puree in a blender or food processor.
- Add the pureed mixture to the 6 cups of whole corn and, mix thoroughly, salt and pepper to taste and serve.