As served in the Loveless Cafe, this recipe for Creamed Corn gets rave reviews from our guests!
- Put 4 cups of corn into one pot and 6 cups of corn into a second pot.
- To the 4 cup pot add: 3 cups water, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon kosher salt.
- To the 6 cup pot add: 3 cups water, 1-1/2 cups of sugar, 3 tablespoons kosher salt.
- Place both pots on stove and bring to a boil.
- Drain the 6 cup pot of corn, return the corn to the pot add 1/2 stick of butter, set aside.
- Drain the 4 cup pot of corn, return drained corn to pot add 1/2 stick of butter and 1 cup heavy cream, bring to a boil, remove from heat, then puree in a blender or food processor.
- Add the pureed mixture to the 6 cups of whole corn and, mix thoroughly, salt and pepper to taste and serve.