A little more piquant and a tad tipsier than your typical Cranberry Relish (thanks to the orange zest and bourbon), this tangy rendition of the holiday classic will take a prominent seat at your Thanksgiving table.
This recipe is featured in our Loveless Cafe Cookbook!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Zest orange, then slice and set aside.
- In a 2-inch deep casserole dish, place cranberries.
- Evenly sprinkle orange zest, cinnamon, and sugar over the berries. Cover with orange slices and foil then bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
- When berries are tender, remove from oven and pour bourbon over the relish. Squeeze juice from orange slices then discard.
- Cover relish with foil, return to oven, and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove relish from oven and stir thoroughly. Cool to room temperature, place in airtight container, and refrigerate until completely cooled (or overnight).