A simple recipe for cranberry sauce with the extra zest of orange and kick of bourbon!
- Preheat oven to 325°F .
- Sort the fresh cranberries to remove all unripe or bruised berries.
- Spread cranberries evenly in a 2" deep baking dish or roasting pan.
- Sprinkle cinnamon, sugar, and orange zest on top of berries.
- Slice the zested orange into four slices and lay over the berries.
- Bake until the berries swell and pop, approximately 30 - 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and squeeze the juice from the orange slices and discard them.
- Mix the berries well before drizzling bourbon over the top.
- Return to oven for another 30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.