Country ham, cheese and tomatoes come together beautifully in this basketball-decorated quiche. Great for your watch parties, and for breakfast too!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Fry the Loveless Cafe Country Ham but do not over cook (if you cook more than a minute on each side - it can be tough).
- Drain then chop ham into small pieces ad set aside.
- Spray your baking dish with oil (you can use a springform pan or a large pie plate).
- Add your rolled pie crust to line your dish, leaving an inch over the edge and fold it and pinch it to make a pretty crust rim around the dish.
- Place parchment paper and dried beans in pie crust. ( you can also use a coffee filter inplace of parchment paper).
- Place pie shell in oven to par bake for about 10 minutes remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the ham, tomatoes, red onion, parsley and shredded cheese to the par baked pie shell.
- Whip eggs with heavy cream and half & half, blending well.
- Add nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, and Loveless Cafe Seasoning Salt.
- When your egg mixture is completely blended, gently pour on top of ingredients in the pie shell.
- Place your dish on a sheet pan and bake in preheated 350° oven for approximately 1 hour.
- While your quiche is baking gently saute the red pepper slices in a teaspoon of oil.
- Use the cooked peppers to decorate your quiche to look like a basketball (or anything else you might be celebrating). Enjoy!