These coconut-topped cuties make eating dessert feel like a tropical vacation! This recipe was created by our Loveless Cafe Pastry Chef, Christa Nash!
Servings: 30 Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, oil, and sugar.
- Beat in yolks one at a time, scraping down bowl. Beat in vanilla, almond extract, and coconut extract.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into a medium size separate bowl and fold in chopped coconut; set aside.
- Clean and dry bowl of electric mixer. Pour in egg whites and cream of tartar.
- Using your wire whisk, whip egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold egg whites into batter until incorporated.
- Scoop batter into prepared cupcake liners, each about three-quarters full.
- Place in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
- In an electric mixer on medium-speed, beat butter.
- Slowly add coconut cream, vanilla, and salt. Blend well.
- Turn mixer to low-speed, gradually add confectioners sugar, scraping sides of bowl in-between additions. After all sugar is added, raise speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Refrigerate any leftover frosting.