Moist vanilla cinnamon streusel cupcakes topped with a light maple frosting. Recipe created by the Loveless Cafe Pastry Chef!
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix the cold butter into the mixture by hand, squeezing the pieces into the mix.
- Mix until crumbly.
- Cover and freeze while you prepare the cupcakes.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Line muffin pan with 24 cupcake liners; set aside.
- Sift all dry ingredients together.
- In a stand mixer, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- Add the butter, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla and mix well, until the mixture is smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Scrape the sides of any remaining flour and blend in with a spatula.
- Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 full (about 3 tablespoons).
- Take streusel from freezer and divide evenly among the cupcakes, and sprinkle it on each one.
- Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven, or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the sugar until combined.
- Add in the vanilla, salt, maple extract and syrup, combine well.
- Add the heavy cream and whisk on high for 4 minutes.
- Top cooled cupcakes with maple frosting and enjoy!