The cinnamon sugar topping on these sweet scones gives them the same appeal as a Snickerdoodle cookie. The fact that there’s chocolate chips inside? Well, good luck keeping any leftovers for yourself. In fact, we advise making two (or three) batches, just to be safe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F .
- Blend together biscuit mix, brown sugar and salt in a mixer bowl with a blade attachment.
- Add the cold butter (cubed) and mix until the mixture looks like fine granules (approximately 2 minutes).
- Add vanilla extract to milk to dry mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll out the dough to approximately 1 inch thickness and cut into triangles.
- Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Top with cinnamon sugar topping (recipe below) , pressing lightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- With a fork, mix together the topping ingredients until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the scones, lightly pressing.