Coffee and chocolate lovers, your dessert dreams have come true! The secret to making this cake almost impossibly moist? Let the Kahlua glaze soak in after baking.
This recipe is featured in our Loveless Cafe Cookbook!
Servings: 6 to 8
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees.
- Spray bundt pan with oil and coat with sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Pour into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- With paddle attachment on low speed, slowly add in coffee, oil, and Kahlua.
- Add eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. Mix for approximately 1 minute.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 75 minutes. While cake is baking, prepare glaze.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add coffee, Kahlua, and butter.
- Once butter is melted, add in sugar while stirring continuously.
- Once mixture reaches a boil and sugar is dissolved, reduce to low heat until cake is done baking.
- Trim off top of cake with a serrated knife to make it flat.
- While cake is still in the bundt pan, pour all but 1 cup of the glaze over the cake and allow to soak into cake for a few minutes.
- Once glaze has fully soaked into cake, remove from bundt pan and pour remaining glaze on top.
- Sprinkle with sifted confectioners’ sugar. Garnish with fresh strawberries and blackberries.