This yummy cupcake has a hint of coffee in the frosting… and its scrumptious!
Servings: 24 Cupcakes
- Preheat to 350°F. Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners; set aside
- In a large bowl mix together, sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium size bowl thoroughly mix, eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil and vanilla.
- Pour egg mixture into the flour mixture and combine well. Batter will be runny.
- Scoop batter into prepared cupcakes liners, each about three-quarters full.
- Place in preheated oven for about 20-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Top with Whisper Creek & Coffee Frosting and ENJOY!
Whisper Creek & Coffee Frosting
- In an electric mixer on medium speed mix cream cheese and butter until smooth, scraping sides of bowl to make sure all ingredients are incorporated well.
- Turn your mixer to low-speed, gradually add confectioners sugar, Whisper Creek and coffee alternately, scraping sides of bowl in between additions. After all sugar is added, raise speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy.
- Store in an air tight container until ready to use.
- Refrigerate any leftover frosting.
- Place 1/2 cup coffee grounds into a 2 cup measuring cup.
- Fill with 1 cup of boiling water.
- Let brew for 20 minutes.
- Strain, strain twice if any grounds get through.
- Cool completely.