Home > Recipes > Chocolate Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Buttercream
Chocolate Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Buttercream
A classic chocolate cupcake topped with a brown sugar buttercream and dipped in chocolate ganache – a must try!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a small bowl, place hot coffee, cocoa powder, and chopped chocolate. Blend together until smooth then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, eggs, vanilla, and white vinegar.
- Add chocolate mixture to egg mixture and blend well.
- Fold in flour mixture until well incorporated.
- Scoop batter into prepared cupcake liners, each about three-quarters full.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing cupcakes from pans. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Brown Sugar Buttercream
- Bring brown sugar and heavy cream to a boil. Dissolve sugar then let cool.
- In an electric mixer on medium speed, whip butter and vanilla with cooled brown sugar cream, scraping sides of bowl.
- Turn your mixer to low-speed and gradually add confectioners sugar and heavy cream, scraping sides of bowl between each addition.
- After all sugar is added, raise speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Refrigerate any leftover buttercream.