A classic chocolate cupcake topped with a brown sugar buttercream and sipped in chocolate ganache – a must try!
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners; set aside.
- In a small bowl, place hot coffee, cocoa powder and chopped chocolate, blend together until smooth; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, place flour, sugar, salt and baking soda whisk together; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, eggs, vanilla and white vinegar.
- Add chocolate mixture to egg mixture and blend together well.
- Fold in flour mixture that you set aside earlier, making sure its mixed together well.
- Scoop batter into prepared cupcake liners, each about three-quarters full.
- Place in preheated oven for about 20-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
Brown Sugar Buttercream
- Bring brown sugar and heavy cream to a boil, dissolve sugar, let cool.
- In an electric mixer on medium speed, whip butter & vanilla with cooled brown sugar cream, scraping sides of bowl.
- Turn your mixer to low-speed, gradually add confectioners sugar and heavy cream, scraping sides of bowl in between addition.
- After all sugar is added, raise speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Refrigerate any leftover buttercream.