Loveless Cafe Maple Bacon
Chocolate and Bacon… A decadent treat that sends your sweet tooth soaring while also satisfying that need for salt. A great treat to bring to your next tailgate party.
- Preheat oven to 400*F
- Place Maple Bacon in single layer on a rimed baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer bacon to a baking sheet lined with paper towels and cool.
- Cut bacon on an angle into 2 inch pieces; set aside.
- Line two rimed baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Place chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat microwave on 50% power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Or you can use a double boiler if you prefer.
- Dip cut bacon pieces into melted chocolate and allow excess chocolate to run off, then transfer to wax paper lined baking sheet. Allow to chill until chocolate has set, about 15 minutes.
- Place white chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave on 50% power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth.
- Transfer mixture into a small resealable bag, and cut a small tip off the corner.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over the chocolate covered maple bacon.
- Transfer to a refrigerator until the white chocolate has set.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.