Chocolate Covered Applewood Bacon
This decadent snack is a salty-sweet concoction you can make at home! Who says bacon can’t get any better?
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Thread each strip of bacon onto a wooden skewer making it as flat as possible.
- Place on a rack in a large baking pan. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until crisp. Cool completely.
- Combine chocolate chips and shortening; melt in a microwave and stir until smooth, be sure not to overheat your chocolate. Or if you prefer you can melt in a double boiler.
- With a pastry brush, coat bacon on both sides with melted chocolate. Place on waxed paper – lined baking sheet.
- Top each strip with toppings as desired, this must be done before chocolate hardens. Refrigerate until firm.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- For those of you that like out of this world flavors….. Try this recipe with one of our other flavored bacon’s….Cajun, Maple or Peppered.
These treats are great for a themed party… you can decorate them to match the theme.