Chocolate Chip Biscuits
Add a little somethin’ sweet to our world-famous biscuits at home for an extra special treat!
Servings: About 40 biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour your full bag of Loveless Cafe Biscuit Mix, sugar, and chocolate morsels into a large bowl and mix.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla begin folding.
- Continue mixing until a smooth dough is formed. Do not knead!
- Place dough on a well-floured surface (if you put down wax paper first, clean up will be a breeze!).
- Dust top of dough heavily with flour.
- Roll out with a floured rolling pin, adding flour to top of dough and rolling surface as needed to avoid sticking.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thick.
- Re-roll dough no more than one time.
- Cut out biscuits with a 2 inch cutter.
- Place biscuits on a well-greased baking pan with the sides touching one another.
- Butter biscuits with melted butter before baking and again when you remove them from the oven.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes, rotating once about half way through.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Top with your favorite flavor preserves and serve!