Chocolate Chip Biscuits
Add a little somethin’ sweet to our world-famous biscuits at home for an extra special treat!
Servings: About 40 biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400°F and butter a baking sheet or your favorite cast-iron skillet with melted butter.
- Pour your full bag of Loveless Cafe Biscuit Mix, sugar, and chocolate morsels into a large bowl and mix.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla begin folding.
- Continue mixing until a smooth dough is formed.
- Place dough on a well-floured surface (if you put down wax paper first, clean up will be a breeze!).
- Dust top of dough heavily with flour. Knead dough per package instructions.
- Roll out with a floured rolling pin, adding flour to top of dough and rolling surface as needed to avoid sticking.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thick.
- Re-roll dough no more than one time.
- Cut out biscuits with a 2 inch cutter.
- Place biscuits on your well-greased baking pan with the sides touching one another.
- Butter biscuits with melted butter before baking.
- Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 10-15 minutes, rotating once about half way through. Your biscuits will be a very very light brown color.
- Butter biscuits again when they are removed from the oven.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
* For a fun party, you can serve these biscuits in place of cupcakes!
*You can also serve them with your favorite fun toppings, like whipped cream, Loveless preserves, sprinkles or whatever your heart’s desire!