When you can’t decide between savory or sweet, these Chocolate Chip Biscuits are the perfect treat. And while it might be frowned upon to eat chocolate chip cookies for breakfast, no one bats an eye if they are served in biscuit form. At least here at the Loveless Cafe we don’t.
This recipe is featured in our Loveless Cafe Cookbook!
Servings: Approximately 40 Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a baking sheet or your favorite cast iron skillet with butter.
- In a large bowl, mix together Biscuit Mix, sugar, and chocolate chips.
- Fold in buttermilk and vanilla. Mix until a sticky dough is formed.
- Place dough on a well-floured surface. Dust top of dough heavily with flour. Knead dough per package instructions.
- Roll out dough to ½-inch thick with a floured rolling pin, adding flour to top of dough and rolling surface as needed to avoid sticking. Do not re-roll dough more than once.
- Cut out biscuits with a 2-inch cutter. Place biscuits on baking sheet or skillet with the sides touching one another.
- Melt remaining butter. Brush biscuits with half of melted butter before baking.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, rotating once about halfway through until biscuits are a light brown color.
- Remove biscuits from oven and brush with melted butter one more time. Allow to cool slightly before serving.