Here’s a Southern staple that tastes just as good for breakfast as it does lunch or dinner. Made with our famous Fried Chicken Breading and Belgian Waffle Mix, this legendary Loveless Cafe pairing will have you licking your lips and going back for more!
This recipe is featured in our Loveless Cafe Cookbook!
- Rinse chicken pieces, then soak in cold, salted water for 30 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Heat 1 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (375 degrees in an electric skillet).
- Place 2 cups Fried Chicken Breading into a mixing bowl.
- Dredge chicken in the breading, coating well on all surfaces. Pat off excess breading and place chicken in hot oil, making sure pieces are not touching each other.
- When chicken is browned (approximately 5 minutes), turn pieces over and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid, increase heat to medium-high, and flip chicken. Cook an additional 5 to 7 minutes, until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove chicken from grease and drain on a paper towel before serving.
- Preheat wafﬂe iron. Prepare waffles according to package instructions.
- Place wafﬂe on a large plate and top with one portion chicken.
- Drizzle the entire wafﬂe and chicken with Maple Syrup or Old-Fashioned Sorghum.