As served in the Loveless Cafe!
- Prepare Loveless Cafe Biscuit Mix according to directions, do not roll out leave in bowl.
- Let the dough set in refrigeration to rest until needed.
- You can even prepare the dough the night before, keep it covered and in the refrigerator until needed.
- Cook the chicken breasts until fully cooked in the chicken broth.
- Remove, cool and cut into quarter-sized pieces and set aside, keeping the stock hot until needed.
- In a large stockpot, sauté onion and celery in butter until translucent.
- Add the hot chicken stock, thyme, sage, salt and pepper; bring to a boil before reducing to a simmer.
- Take your prepared biscuit mix and scoop the dough using two small spoons to create dollops that are approximately the size of a nickel, or use a small scoop.
- Add a batch of 12-15 dumplings at a time; allow to simmer for approximately 5 minutes before adding another batch.
- Repeat until you have used up all the dough.
- After simmering for approximately one hour, add chopped chicken and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Check for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper to your preference.
- Serve and enjoy!