Servings: Makes two 6"x9” casseroles
- Pre-heat oven to 350*
- In a large pot, boil the carrots in lightly salted water until tender.
- Drain in a colander.
- Mash the carrots thoroughly while hot by hand with a potato masher.
- Stir in the butter.
- Add the orange zest and squeeze in the orange juice (through a strainer).
- Stir well.
- Add the eggs, stir.
- Fold in the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and baking powder (having previously mixed together well).
- Stir until all ingredients are well blended.
- Pour into greased casserole dishes.
- Bake in preheated oven until internal temperature reaches 175 degrees (approx. 40 min.)
- Serve hot. Enjoy!