Classic Carrot Cake….. lightly spiced, perfectly moist, topped with homemade cream cheese frosting, transformed into cupcakes and topped with a Loveless Cafe Spiced Pecan. A dream come true!
Servings: 32 cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl of an electric mixer, cream together oil, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping sides of bowl, beat in vanilla.
- Add sifted flour mixture in batches blending well, scrape sides of bowl at least two times.
- Turn mixer to low speed; slowly add carrots, pecans and craisins, blending until incorporated well.
- Scoop into prepared cupcake liners, each about three-quarters full.
- Place in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- On medium speed, mix cream cheese and butter together until soft and smooth. Scraping sides of bowl to be sure all ingredients are incorporated well.
- On low speed; slowly add sifted confectioners sugar in batches, scraping sides of bowl.
- Add vanilla and beat until frosting is light and fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Garnish with a Loveless Cafe Spiced Pecan
Baking tip: Do not use reduced cream cheese or non fat cream cheese.