…A rich, thick brownie topped with a half pound of crumbled Loveless Cajun Bacon makes a delicious, sweet n’ spicy dessert for any occasion!
Recipe by Chef Scott Peck with Loveless Events.
Servings: 1- 9" x 13" Pan
- Place bacon on a sheet pan in a cold oven, turn oven temperature to 400°F.
- When bacon is partially cooked (about 8-12 minutes), remove pan from oven and let sit for a few minutes, then place bacon on a paper towel to drain.
- When bacon is cool, cut into small pieces and set aside.
- Turn oven temperature to 325°F. Grease a 9” x 13” pan and set aside.
- Mix together your flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl stir with a wire whisk, set aside.
- In an electric mixer on medium speed, mix together eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- With a spatula, slowly fold in your flour, baking powder, and salt mixture, alternating with your melted butter and vanilla, trying not to over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into your prepared pan.
- Take the cut-up jalapeno bacon and sprinkle over the top of the batter.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cut and serve warm. You can even top each brownie with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and top it with more bacon crumbles!
Contact Loveless Events for more information about catering in the Nashville area.