Fresh sliced carrots, glazed with a butter and brown sugar glaze in this simple but delicious side dish. This recipe was created by our Sous Chef Lovanzia Allen of Loveless Events.
Servings: 4 - 6 servings
- Wash carrots in warm water.
- Put a large pot of water on the stove with 1 - 2 quarts of water (be sure the pot will allow a colander to fit inside to blanch the carrots.)
- While your water is boiling, peel and slice your carrots into 1/2 inch thick teardrop slices
- Once your water is boiling add the sliced carrots into a colander and place the colander into the water. Blanch the carrots for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Remove from water and drain as much water off the carrots as possible.
- Preheat a skillet on the stove over medium heat, add butter, when butter is hot add carrots and saute until you get a little color, about 5 minutes
- Add your brown sugar and salt , turn the heat down to low. Be Careful not to burn the sugar.
- Stir the carrots into the sugarfor about 5 - 7 minutes to be sure all the carrots are coated and sugar is not sticking to the bottom of the pan, the carrots will be nice and tender and covered with brown sugar glaze when they are done.
- Pour glazed carrots into a serving bowl; garnish with fresh chopped parsley or mint and serve while it's hot!