Fresh carrots are cooked in a butter and brown sugar glaze in this simple yet delicious side dish. It’s the perfect compliment for an everyday dinner and great for holiday gatherings too!
Servings: 4 - 6 servings
- Fill a large pot with 1 - 2 quarts of water and bring to a boil.
- Peel and slice carrots into ½ inch thick teardrop slices.
- Place a colander in the boiling water and add the sliced carrots. Blanch carrots for 2 - 3 minutes then immediately transfer to an ice water bath to halt the cooking process.
- Remove carrots from water and drain well.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add carrots and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and salt. Bring heat down to a low setting and be careful not to burn the sugar.
- Cook on low for 5 - 7 minutes, until the carrots are tender and covered with the brown sugar glaze.
- Pour glazed carrots into a serving bowl and garnish with fresh parsley or mint.