These sliced carrots are simple enough to whip together for a quick weeknight side, but delicious enough to earn a coveted spot at the holiday dinner table. Created by our talented Loveless Events culinary team, they’ve become a fixture at shindigs of all styles in the Loveless Barn.
This recipe is featured in our Loveless Cafe Cookbook!
Servings: 4 to 6
- In a large pot, bring water to boil.
- Place carrots in colander, lower colander into water, and blanch for 3 minutes. Remove colander and drain carrots.
- Heat skillet over medium and add butter. When butter is melted, add carrots and sauté until they begin to brown (approximately 5 minutes).
- Add brown sugar and salt then turn heat to low, being careful not to burn the sugar.
- Stir until carrots are coated, making sure sugar is not sticking to the bottom of the pan. Stir occasionally until carrots are tender.
- Pour glazed carrots into a serving bowl. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley or mint and serve hot.