A classic custard turned into a dessert fancy enough for any occasion! This recipe was created by Loveless Events Sous Chef Lovanzia Allen, and demonstrated live at the 2019 Southern Women’s Show in Nashville.
- Beat 2 ½ cups heavy cream and powdered sugar at high speed in an electric mixer until soft peaks form, set aside 1 cup whipped cream in a separate bowl for garnish. Store all whipped cream in refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, sift together cocoa powder and corn starch, add sugar and salt, making sure all ingredients are mixed well, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the buttermilk, 1 ¼ cups of heavy cream, egg yolks, whole eggs, butter and vanilla, mix together well. Turn stove to a medium heat. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet mixture into the pot, whisking continuously until blended well.
- Cook pudding over medium heat, whisking constantly for about 10 minutes or until mixture begins to boil and thicken. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate chips; whisk until smooth.
- Transfer pudding to a bowl. To prevent a film from forming, place plastic wrap directly on warm pudding. Allow to chill about 4 hours.
- When pudding is chilled; fold the chilled 2 ½ cups of whipped cream into pudding until fully incorporated. Pudding will be a light brown color.
- Divide pudding into 6 serving dishes; top with remaining whipped cream and pieces of Loveless Cafe Piggy Brittle.