A classic custard turned into a dessert fancy enough for any occasion! This recipe was created by Loveless Events Sous Chef Lovanzia Allen, and demonstrated live at the 2019 Southern Women’s Show in Nashville.
- Beat 2 1/2 cups heavy cream at high speed in an electric mixer until soft peaks form, set aside 1 cup whipped cream in a separate bowl for topping/garnish. Remaining whipped cream will be folded into pudding after it cools. Store all whipped cream in refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, sift together cocoa powder and corn starch, add sugar and salt, making sure all ingredients are mixed well, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the buttermilk, 1 1/4 cups of heavy cream, egg yolks, whole eggs, butter and vanilla, mix together well. Turn stove to a medium heat. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet mixture into the pot, whisking continuously until blended well.
- Cook pudding over medium heat, whisking constantly for about 10 minutes or until mixture begins to boil and thicken. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate chips; whisk until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, and place plastic wrap directly on warm pudding (to prevent film from forming). allow to chill about 4 hours.
- When pudding is chilled; fold chilled 2 cups of whipped cream into pudding until it is fully incorporated (pudding will be a beautiful light brown color).
- Divide pudding into 6 serving dishes; top with reserved 1 cup of whipped cream and Loveless Cafe Peanut Brittle.