Blueberry Skillet Cobbler
A delicious and simple dessert to end a beautiful summer meal!
Servings: Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup of the flour with 3 tablespoons of the sugar and the baking powder.
- Add the butter and, using your fingertips, rub the butter cubes into the flour until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add the egg and cream and mix to combine the ingredients evenly and form a soft dough.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, combine the blueberries, remaining 3⁄4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons flour, the orange zest, and the mace.
- Stir to coat the berries. Pour in the orange juice and set over medium- low heat.
- Pour in the orange juice and set over medium- low heat.
- Bring the fruit to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 2 minutes to thicken the mixture and cook the flour.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the biscuit dough onto the fruit, leaving a little space in between. There should be 6 to 8 biscuits.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 16 minutes, or until the biscuits are lightly browned on top.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve warm, with a scoop of ice cream, if desired.