A cross between a blueberry muffin and a biscuit topped with a smooth lemon glaze, these incredible breakfast pastries can also be served as dessert!
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush all sides of a sheet pan with melted butter, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix with sugar and lemon zest.
- Add cold buttermilk until you have formed a soft ball of sticky dough.
- Place dough on a well-floured surface. Dust the top of the dough heavily with flour and kneed until less sticky.
- Carefully fold in the frozen blueberries. (Do not use a rolling pin to roll out the dough)
- Cut biscuits with a 3-inch cutter and place them on a buttered sheet pan with sides of biscuits touching one another, against the pan.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, turning half way through.
- Remove biscuits from oven and brush with more melted butter.
- Allow biscuits to cool at least 5 minutes before glazing.
- Pour sugar into bowl and gradually add the lemon juice until reaching desired consistency.
- Stir in optional lemon zest or sprinkle on top of glazed biscuits for garnish.