Worthy of a first-place finish, this salad can easily double as a starter or main dish. The veggie chips and Loveless Cafe Spiced Pecans give it a great crunch that pairs to perfection with the peach vinaigrette dressing. To make it a meal, just add chicken or fish.
This recipe is featured in our Loveless Cafe Cookbook!
- Pour peanut oil into a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry potato and carrot chips until golden brown on both sides (approximately 5 minutes per batch).
- Drain chips on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
- Chop peaches into large chunks.
- Combine chopped peaches, vinegar, honey, and orange juice concentrate in a blender. Blend until completely smooth.
- While blender is running, slowly add oil to emulsify.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Store in a sealed glass container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Divide lettuce among 4 chilled salad plates.
- Drizzle peach vinaigrette over salads in a zigzag pattern.
- Top each plate with 2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles, 1 tablespoon vegetable chips, and 1/4 cup Spiced Pecans.