close cooking mode
And you thought chocolate milk was good….. try this delicious homemade blackberry milk…....a twist on an old classic.
Servings: 4-8 ounce servings
- In a heavy bottom pot, combine blackberries with 1 cup of water. Crush the berries with a potato masher and bring to a simmer. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Strain the juice into a heatproof bowl, pressing hard on the solids. Discard the solids.
- Rinse out the pot. Add the sugar, lemon zest and remaining 3 cups of water and bring to a boil, string to dissolve the sugar.
- Boil the syrup over medium heat til it registers 225* on a candy thermometer, about 20 minutes.
- Add the blackberry juice and lemon juice and boil over high heat for 1 minute.
- Let syrup cool, then discard lemon zest.
- Pour the syrup into just-cleaned bottles.
- Seal and refrigerate for up to 6 months
- Blend milk and syrup well to combine.
- Chill and serve.