Blackberry BBQ Chicken Halves
And we thought blackberry preserves was only for biscuits……
Servings: 2 whole chickens/4 halves
- In a medium size bowl, mix together, water, vinegar, bay leaves, garlic and brown sugar, mix thoroughly, set aside.
- Split chicken in half, removing back bone. Marinate in prepared brine for 1-2 days.
- Drain chicken, pat dry. Sprinkle with dry rub.
- Smoke or grill for approximately 3 hours, until internal temp of breast reaches 160°F .
- When chicken is cooked (160°F internal temp of breast), coat liberally with Loveless Cafe Blackberry BBQ sauce.
- Place on grill or in 350°F oven. Be careful not to scorch. Brush with sauce several times while turning chicken until well sauced. Some lightly charred color is desired.
- Serve with your favorite sides!