Blackberries N’ Dumplings
And you thought dumplings were for dinner….
- In a large saucepan, combine blackberries, water and 4 cups of sugar.
- If using frozen, be careful to slowly increase heat from a low simmer until the berries have melted and the juice is release from the berries.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add the Biscuit Mix and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Add vanilla to buttermilk before blending with the biscuit mix.
- Combine well.
- Using a spoon or small portion scoop, drop small dollops of dough (approximate the size of nickel) into the simmering blackberries.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and carefully stir to make sure all dumplings have been coated in the blackberry mixture
- Be sure to do this gently, as to not break up the dough until it is cooked.
- Simmer on low for 15-20 minutes, occasionally stirring gently to ensure even cooking of the dumplings.
- Once cooked, serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of fresh whipped cream.