A delicious treat made with Loveless Cafe biscuits and our famous strawberry preserves!
- Prepare biscuit mix to package instructions (1/2 pound recipe), adding 1/4 cup of sugar to dry ingredients. Mix well before adding buttermilk.
- Cut into 2 inch biscuits (makes approx 12-14), brush with butter and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake per package instructions.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before assembling.
- Slice the biscuits in half and layer with strawberries and whipped cream.
- Serve Immediately!
Strawberries & Whipped Cream
- Stir the sliced strawberries and 1/4 cup of sugar together in a medium bowl. Cover and set in refrigerator for about an hour.
- Take the chilled strawberries from refrigerator and add 1/2 cup preserves, if the preserves are extra firm, add a few tablespoons of warm water to thin them out a bit.
- Mix together well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream with 2 tablespoons sugar and vanilla on medium-high speed until soft-medium peaks form (about 3 minutes).