This recipe, by Linda Mosley, won 3rd prize in the 2015 Loveless Cafe Biscuit Contest at the Williamson County Fair.
Servings: 5 servings
- In a 1 quart saucepan, stir together blackberry jam, thyme, water and 1 teaspoon of lemon peel.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until slightly thickened. set aside and keep warm.
- Place cornmeal in a shallow dish, and set aside.
- Make biscuit dough according to package; roll and cut into 10 biscuits.
- Gently flatten each biscuit to 3-inch round. Coat both sides of each biscuit with cornmeal, press in lightly.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a 10-inch nonstick skillet, place biscuits in the skillet and cook the biscuits 4 to 8 minutes on medium heat, turning once halfway through cooking or until browned and slightly puffed.
- Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towel.
- Repeat with remaining tablespoon of butter and biscuits.
- For each serving, place 2 warm biscuits on a plate.
- Sprinkle each with about 3 tablespoons goat cheese.
- Drizzle each with about 3 tablespoons blackberry sauce; garnish with blackberries and remaining lemon peel.