It’s like having a little bit of New Orleans right here in Nashville whenever we make these fluffy pillows of fried dough and powdered sugar. These beignets are made using our signature Loveless Cafe Biscuit Mix, which gives an unmistakable Southern twist to the world-famous French Quarter fritter.
This recipe is featured in our Loveless Cafe Cookbook!
- Prepare Biscuit Mix per package instructions.
- Roll out dough to ¼-inch thick. Cut into 1-inch strips, then cut diagonally.
- Pour oil into a Dutch oven or cast iron skillet to a depth of 2 to 4 inches.
- Heat over medium-high to 350 degrees.
- Fry dough in batches, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and dust generously with confectioners’ sugar.
- Serve warm with a cup of hot Loveless Cafe Coffee!