Try our take on a classic Mardi Gras favorite, using biscuit mix of course! Biscuit Beignets are fluffy pillows of biscuit dough that have been fried in oil until golden brown, then dusted with powdered sugar. Serve with a strong cup of coffee and you’re on your way to an awesome Mardi Gras celebration!
- Prepare Loveless Cafe Biscuit Mix per package instructions for as many people you are planning to serve.
- Roll out dough to ¼ inch thick and cut into 1 inch strips, then cut diagonally.
- Pour 2-4 inches of oil into a dutch oven or cast iron skillet and heat over medium heat to 350°F.
- Fry biscuit pieces in batches for approximately 1 to 1 ½ minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and dust generously with confectioners sugar.