Try our take on a classic Mardi Gras favorite, using biscuit mix of course! Biscuit Beignets are fluffy pillows of biscuit dough that have been fried in oil until golden brown, then dusted with powdered sugar. Serve with a strong cup of coffee and you’re on your way to an awesome Mardi Gras celebration!
Servings: 4 Beignets per person
- Prepare Loveless Cafe Biscuit Mix per package instructions. Prepare for as many people you are planing to serve. One 2-inch biscuit equals four beignets.
- Roll out dough and cut into 1 inch strips then cut diagonally.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a dutch oven or cast iron skillet, heat over medium heat to 350*F.
- Fry biscuit pieces in batches in preheated oil, 1-1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels, and dust generously with confectioners sugar.