BBQ Pumpkin Peppers
A quick, fun meal to make for your goblins before or after they Trick-or-Treat!
Servings: 6 Peppers
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse peppers, slice off the tops and hollow out the insides, be sure to remove any seeds and white part inside. Be sure to keep the tops of the peppers.
- With a small paring knife cut out a jack-o-lantern face.
- Mix together pulled pork, potatoes, cream cheese, Dry Rub, and ¼ cup BBQ sauce.
- Place peppers in casserole dish. Fill each pepper with the mixture and shredded cheese, alternating layers one after the other.
- Replace pepper top back on top.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes until hot and desired tenderness.
- Refer to Part 2 for directions on crispy onions.
- Once peppers have baked thoroughly, remove from oven and remove tops of peppers. Add crispy onions, and replace top again.
- Drizzle remaining BBQ sauce over peppers and serve to your ‘goblins’!
- Slice onion into thin pieces. Shake the onion slices in bowl of Fried Chicken Breading until covered completely.
- Pour vegetable oil in frying pan and heat to 350°F.
- Fry thinly sliced onions for 5 minutes.
- Place onions on paper towel and set aside until ready to garnish peppers.