A pineapple upside-down biscuit topped with frozen strawberry and banana puree, chocolate drizzle and a cherry. This recipe won 1st place in the 2015 Loveless Cafe Biscuit Contest at the Williamson County Fair.
Servings: 6 small ramekins
Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture. Add the milk all at once, using a fork, stir until just moistened.
Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Quickly knead the dough by gently folding and pressing dough 8 to 10 strokes of until nearly smooth. Pat or lightly roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut dough with a floured 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter.
1. Arrange pineapple pieces in the bottom of 6 ramekins.
2. Prepare brown sugar sauce and divide evenly.
3. Add 1 uncooked biscuit to each dish (may cover and refrigerate until ready to bake to serve warm, if desired)
4. Bake at 450* until biscuits are brown (10 -12 minutes, longer if refrigerated).
5. Allow to cool 5 minutes. Flip biscuit and pineapple onto serving dishes.
6. Top with scoop of fruit puree, chocolate sauce and a cherry