Everything tastes better with Loveless Cafe Bacon! Created by our Loveless Events team, these sautéed Brussels Sprouts make a quick and easy side dish that is packed with flavor!
Servings: 4 - 6 servings
- Wash brussel sprouts in warm water.
- Trim, stems and cut in half, also remove any bruised leaves.
- Fill a medium sized pot with water 3/4 full, place on the stove over medium high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add brussel sprouts to boiling water and blanch for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes (be careful not to over cook).
- Drain brussel sprouts in a colander and remove as much water as possible.
- Preheat a medium skillet over medium heat and add butter.
- Once the butter is melted and skillet is hot, add brussel sprouts and cook until the sprouts have color (6-8 minutes).
- Add in cooked bacon pieces and salt – cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and cook for 2 minutes, then add 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and stir in.
- Remove from heat, pour into a serving dish and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.