Everything tastes better with Loveless Cafe Bacon! Created by our Loveless Events team, these sautéed brussels sprouts make a quick and easy side dish that is packed with flavor!
Servings: 4 - 6 servings
- Wash brussel sprouts in warm water.
- Trim stems and cut in half. Remove any bruised leaves.
- Fill a medium size pot with water ¾ full and bring to a boil.
- Add brussel sprouts to boiling water and blanch for 1 ½ - 2 minutes (be careful not to over cook).
- Drain brussel sprouts in a colander and remove as much water as possible.
- Preheat a medium skillet over medium heat and add butter.
- Once butter is melted and the skillet is hot, add brussel sprouts and cook until the sprouts have color (6-8 minutes).
- Add in cooked bacon pieces and salt. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and cook for 2 minutes, then stir in balsamic vinegar.
- Remove from heat, pour into a serving dish, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.