Baking a squash is easy to do, quick, and makes for a nice, light (and warm) treat. Dress it up with some Loveless preserves, maple syrup and cinnamon and you have yourself one tasty – and healthy – side dish or dessert.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Fill a 1 quart casserole dish with ¼-inch of water; set aside.
- Cut the acorn squash in half lengthwise and place face down in the casserole dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes in preheated oven check to be sure its soft and tender before removing from oven.
- Remove from oven and flip the halves over. Remove excess water.
- Place 1 tablespoon Preserves, 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon and salt in each half.
- Return to the oven and broil on high for 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve!