A great appetizer for your next party… created by Loveless Events Executive Chef Scott Peck.
Servings: 12- 2 Mushrooms per serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet on medium heat cook your bacon to medium.(we suggest cooking in a cast iron skillet or in the oven on a sheet pan.) Place cooked bacon on a paper towel to drain, cool and cut up into small 1/4 inch pieces and set aside until later.
- Lightly oil a sheet pan and set aside.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and place stems in a small bowl, place hallowed mushrooms on the greased sheet pan and set aside.
- If you have a Cuisinart place your mushroom stems in the bowl and finely chop (mince). If not, finely chop (mince) with your knife and set aside.
- Finely chop shallots.
- Heat a medium size saute pan to medium heat, add butter and shallots cook until they have softened, add minced mushrooms and cook until the moisture of the mushrooms has cooked off.
- Reduce the heat to low and add in the wine, cheese, bacon, mustard and 3/4 of the bread crumbs, mix until your ingredients holds its shape. If your mixture is not holding its shape, add more bread crumbs in small amounts until it hold its shape. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Spoon the filling into the prepared mushrooms, piling high.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 -25 minutes, until tops are lightly browned and mushrooms are soft.
- Place mushrooms on a serving platter, place 1/2 teaspoon of Loveless Sweet Pepper Relish on top of each mushroom.