B-L-O Salad with Okra and Heirloom Tomatoes
A delicious and fresh salad made with our signature Applewood Smoked Country Bacon and our Pickled Okra for awesome flavor!
Servings: Serves 4
- Start by cooking your bacon strips until crisp; chop into large pieces and set aside.
- Blend olive oil, lemon, scallions, sugar, salt and pepper in a large kitchen bowl.
- Clean, trim and cut tomatoes into bite-sized chunks and add to bowl.
- Drain and trim your okra. Using a mandolin (every kitchen should have one!), slice them into very thin slices, directly into the bowl.
- Add your bacon to the bowl, quickly toss all ingredients together and serve immediately.