close cooking mode
Servings: 3½ dozen cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line 2 sturdy cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and scrape the bowl.
- Add the flour and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Fold in the coconut by hand.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through the baking time.
- The cookies are done when they spread out and turn golden around the edges.
- Let cool completely before serving, if you can wait that long.